Sustainable Energy in South Dublin
The South Dublin Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) puts forward an energy roadmap, setting out how the County can take the lead in addressing EU and national energy targets to 2020. The SEAP has been undertaken in partnership with the Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA) and eight other local authorities across the EU, as part of the Leadership for Energy Action and Planning (LEAP) programme, funded by EU Intelligent Energy Europe (IEE). The South Dublin SEAP has also been prepared with input from the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and City of Dublin Energy Management Agency (CODEMA).
The energy targets identified for the South Dublin SEAP are as follows:
- Signing up to the Covenant of Mayors commits South Dublin County Council (SDCC) to reducing CO2 emissions by a minimum target of 20% by 2020.
- A 20% reduction in energy demand, over 2006 levels, to be achieved by improving energy efficiency. This projection is based on national commitments outlined in the National Energy Effi ciency Action Plan (NEEAP) 09-2020 that commits Ireland to achieve by 2020, a 20% reduction in average 2001- 2005 energy demand across the whole of the economy
- A 33% reduction in South Dublin County Council’s own energy demand to 2020. This projection is based on the public sector commitments outlined in National Energy Efficiency Action Plan (NEEAP) 2009-2020
- 16% of national final energy consumption to be from renewables by 2020, as outlined in the National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP) 2010
See the full report here.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
Related LibrariesSouth Dublin County Library
Contact this library »
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- County Focus
- Cork City
- Dublin - Dublin City
- Dublin - South Dublin
- Dublin - Dún Laoghaire Rathdown
- Dublin - Fingal
- Limerick City
- Waterford City
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction