In 2008, the Office of Public Works created a website on flooding, http://www.flooding.ie/en/. It outlines measures people can take to prepare for flooding and reduce the damage to properties, and also provides further important information for those affected.
Draft Regional Flood Risk Appraisa
In January 2010, a Draft Regional Flood Risk Appraisal for the Draft Regional Planning Guidelines for the West Region 2010-2022 was published. This draft makes recommendations regarding avoiding flooding and managing flood risk areas in the West region.
See Something? Say Something!
If you would like to make an environmental complaint to Galway County Council, an information leaflet is available on their website, entitled See Something? Say Something!.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- ENFOpoints 2010-2011
- County Focus
- Cork City
- Dublin - Dublin City
- Dublin - South Dublin
- Dublin - Dún Laoghaire Rathdown
- Dublin - Fingal
- Limerick City
- Waterford City
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction