Rossmore Forest Park
Rossmore Forest Park is situated to the south-west of Monaghan Town. The land was formerly part of the Barony of Rossmore and although a castle was built on the estate in 1827, it was demolished in 1974 after falling into disrepair.
Visitors to the park can follow three different trails through the estate: Castle Trail, Nature Tail, or Lake Trail. Some of the features include a walled garden, an avenue of yew trees, and a fish hatchery. Some of the lakes on the estate include the Twin Lakes, Castle Lake, Barn Hill Lake, Priestfield Lake, and Ardaghy Lake. The forest area itself supports a large variety of trees, for example ash, oak, Norway and Sitka spruce, beech, and Californian Redwoods.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- ENFOpoints 2010-2011
- County Focus
- Cork City
- Dublin - Dublin City
- Dublin - South Dublin
- Dublin - Dún Laoghaire Rathdown
- Dublin - Fingal
- Limerick City
- Waterford City
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction