Public Consultations & Review Procedure
Current public consultations are listed below. Details on the current public consultations and those for previous years going back to 2009 can be found on the Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government's website.
Current public consultations
Consultation on the Timetable and Work Programme for the Development of the Second Cycle River Basin Management Plans
Closing date: 31st January, 2015
Judicial Review Procedure
Ireland is a signatory of the Aarhus Convention on Access to Information, Public Participation in Decision Making and Access to Justice in Environmental Matters. This is an international convention, which is implemented in the EU by two Directives:
- Directive 2003/4/EC (http://www.ocei.gov.ie/en/AccesstoInformationontheEnvironment-LegislativeFramework/Directive20034EC/) on Public Access to Information on Environmental Matters;
- Directive 2003/35/EC (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32003L0035:EN:NOT) on Public Participation in respect of the Drawing up of Certain Plans and Programmes relating to the Environment.
Under the provisions of Directive 2003/35/EC, members of the public are entitled to appeal relevant decisions of public bodies by way of judicial review. Information on the judicial review procedure is available in the pdf document Judicial Review Procedure.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?