If you've ever wanted to help improve the environment but weren't really sure where to start, then you've found the right place! This section will show you how you can help create a healthier environment by making some very simple changes in your home and workplace.
If everyone makes these small changes, it will have a huge impact on the environment. There are some added advantages too - you will probably see a reduction in household bills such as those for waste disposal, heating, lighting and transport.
You can scroll through the list on the right to learn more about a variety of environmental issues including how to reduce your carbon footprint and encourage biodiversity.
Before you start, why not calculate your own carbon footprint with the calculator tools and find out what areas you need to concentrate on the most.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Sustainable Living Overview
- How To...Tips
- Grow Your Own Vegetables
- Keep Chickens
- Protect Habitats and Encourage Biodiversity
- Shop Local
- Use Less Water
- Reduce Water Pollution
- Reduce Waste Going to a Landfill
- Insulate Your Home
- Detect Radon
- Feed Wild Birds
- Build a Bird Box
- Make a Bird Table
- Protect our Natural Environment
- Prepare your Garden for the Winter
- Use Less Fossil Fuels
- Get Involved in the Community
- Get Involved with Green Initiatives
- Farming in Ireland Overview
- Posters and Factsheets
- Videos and Exhibitions
- Green Ideas
- Desktop Backgrounds & Gadgets