Vacancy: Senior Archivist and Records Manager, RTÉ Documents Archive
Closing date: 18th April, 2014
RTÉ Archives wishes to recruit a Senior Archivist and Records Manager to lead and manage the next phase of development of the RTÉ Document Archives, which has previously operated on a project basis in the audit, re-organisation and development of the collection.
Key to the success of this post will be to establish and implement best practice in archival and records management policies and procedures for RTÉ Document Archives.
Main Responsibilities include;
- Assist in the development of archival strategy, policy and road maps
- Provide support services to all stakeholders, both RTÉ and external, for the deposit, management and retrieval of archival records
- Accession and catalogue legacy collections
- Make recommendations and influence procedures to achieve best practice for ERM
- Develop finding aids to internationally recognized standards
- Plan preservation projects with partners to align digital development within a national trusted digital repository framework
- Develop and supervise a multi-disciplinary archival team
- Provide training support for RTÉ Departments in records management
The post holder will also be responsible for overseeing budget planning and day to day operational management.
Requirements, Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will:
- Bring specialist knowledge and strategic thinking to the role
- Possess extensive professional experience of archive and records management roles and of leading projects at a senior level
- Hold an Archive as well as preferably a Records Management qualification.
- Demonstrate a deep level of knowledge and understanding of managing and developing a complex, business critical archival collection of this kind.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, strong leadership ability, good judgement and ability to make decisions about complex issues which may require in depth knowledge and the interpretation of rules and guidelines
- Demonstrate the ability to supervise, train, guide and direct staff participation as well as to work across inter-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrate an ability to operate with a high degree of independence
- Demonstrate ability to represent RTÉ Archives and participate actively in the wider professional community
- Be familiar with, have a strong interest in and understanding of the role and importance of the national public service broadcaster archives within the national cultural heritage sphere
This post will be offered on an ongoing contract basis.
Candidates are invited to submit Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter (attach as one document).
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 18th April 2014.
RTÉ is an equal opportunities employer. Full details of application procedures are available on the RTÉ website.
Please update to a newer browser to use this menu