The Branching Out Steering Committee Cultural Heritage Panel
The Branching Out Steering Committee Cultural Heritage Panel was established in 2001. The Panel includes representatives from The Library Association of Ireland, the Department of Arts, the Department of Education and Science, the Department of the Environment and Local Government, the Branching Out Steering Committee and An Chomhairle Leabharlanna. Their terms of reference are as follows:
- To review current initiatives in the creation of digital and networked access to cultural and other relevant information resources, as appropriate.
- To consult with key local and national institutions holding significant cultural collections in order to identify opportunities for cooperation.
- To consult with potential user groups to identify content requirements.
- To examine the financial implications, including possible funding opportunities.
- To make recommendations in relation to access to digital content resources to the Branching Out Steering Committee.