Kayaking In The Blaskets
Kayakers can reach Great Blasket Island heading out from Dunmore Head, the most western tip of the Irish mainland, and across Blasket Sound.
There are six main islands the largest of which is Great Blasket Island .
Walking routes follow the Great Blasket Looped Walk which proceeds around the cliffs of the island along pathways. Visitors can also explore the abandoned village and a large beach.
The Blasket Islands lie off the coast of Co. Kerry and were once inhabited by an Irish speaking population who were evacuated in 1953. The islands have large colonies of seabirds and seals while sharks and whales can also be seen. Inis na Bró features a rock formation called Cathedral Rock because of its resemblance to a pair of gothic steeples.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Postcards of Ireland
- Adventure Sports in Ireland
- Cappoquin Rowing Club
- Gordon Bennett Cup Race 1903
- Handball Playing
- John Treacy - Waterford's World Famous Athlete
- Kayaking In The Blaskets
- Malahide Marina
- Master M'Grath
- North Kerry Way
- Ó Ceallaigh GAA Collection, Limerick City Library
- Road Bowling
- Seamus Mc Cabe - Ulster's Greatest Handballer
- Sporting Carlow
- The Liffey Swim: A Famous Annual Sporting Event
- The Westmeath Hunt
- Tralee Mountaineering Club
- Waterford Boat Club
- Watersports in County Longford
- Wexford Hurling
- Walking Routes