Community Games is an independent voluntary organisation which operates throughout the local community. It provides opportunities for children and young people to experience a wide range of sporting and cultural activities.
It is a countrywide movement and is non-political and non-sectarian. It takes place at four levels, area, county, provincial and national. It caters for children whose ages range from under 6 to under 16 in an annual programme which has over 50 events over 28 different sport and cultural activities.
The aim of the community games is to encourage and foster community spirit and a love of sport and culture, particularly among young people.
The Community Games was founded in Dublin in 1967 by Joseph Connolly and a group of interested individuals.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
Related LibrariesCarlow County Library
Contact this library »
- Postcards of Ireland
- Adventure Sports in Ireland
- Cappoquin Rowing Club
- Gordon Bennett Cup Race 1903
- Handball Playing
- John Treacy - Waterford's World Famous Athlete
- Kayaking In The Blaskets
- Malahide Marina
- Master M'Grath
- North Kerry Way
- Ó Ceallaigh GAA Collection, Limerick City Library
- Road Bowling
- Seamus Mc Cabe - Ulster's Greatest Handballer
- Sporting Carlow
- The Liffey Swim: A Famous Annual Sporting Event
- The Westmeath Hunt
- Tralee Mountaineering Club
- Waterford Boat Club
- Watersports in County Longford
- Wexford Hurling
- Walking Routes