Municipal Waste Quantities
Municipal solid waste includes household, commercial (including non-process industrial waste) and street cleansing waste (street sweepings, street bins and municipal parks and cemeteries maintenance waste, litter campaign material). In Ireland, the generation of waste grew rapidly during the recent economic boom. However, waste generation decreased during the recession, and has increased since 2014, as can be seen in the chart above (EPA, 2020).
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- ENFOpoints 2010-2011
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction