Masters of the Westmeath Hunt

Masters of the Westmeath Hunt

The first Master of the Westmeath Hunt was Sir Richard Levinge who erected kennels in the stable yard at Knockdrin Castle.

The opening meeting of the hounds took place on the 1st November 1854 at Ballynegall then the residence of J. W. Middleton Berry, followed by a meeting at Rosmead the residence of Lord Vaux of Harrowden.

This was followed by a further meeting in 1855 at Clonhugh House home of Col Fulke Greville M.P.

In 1856 George Augustus Rochfort Boyd of Middleton Park became Master of the Hunt, a position he held until 1858 when John Fetherstonhaugh Briscoe of Grangemore, Killucan replaced him as Master until 1860.


previousPrevious - Establishment of the Westmeath Hunt
Next - Gerald Richard Deasenext