Enforcement Planning and Management
Nationally, local authority enforcement planning and management performance in 2018 was 'Above Target', demonstrating an improvement from on 'Target' in 2017 (EPA, 2020). Specific areas of interest within this include:
- The quality of local authority enforcement plans has consistently been 'Above Target' on average in 2018, following a 'Minimum' performance standard in 2017.
- There have been continuous improvements in the timeliness of inspection and enforcement plans from 'Below Target' in 2016 to 'Above Target' in 2017 and 2018.
- The number of statutory enforcement notices and directions issued to local authorities from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) remains low demonstrating that local authorities are generally fulfilling their requirements with respect to enforcement planning and management.
Overall, 13 local authorities were 'Excellent', 16 were 'Above Target' or 'Target', and 2 were 'Below Target', 'Minimum', or 'Unsatisfactory' with respect to enforcement planning and management in 2018 (EPA, 2020).
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- ENFOpoints 2010-2011
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction