Killiney Hill Park, Co. Dublin

Páirc Cnoc Chill Iníon Léinín, Co. Baile Átha Cliath

Killiney (Cill Iníon Léinín) Hill Park was opened in 1887. It is a wooded area which includes Killiney Hill, Dalkey Hill and Roches Hill (known locally as Mullins Hill) and is on the south side of Dublin Bay with slopes down to the shore.


Killiney Hill Park is popular with walkers for views of Dublin City and Dublin Bay, Killiney Bay, Dun Laoghaire, Dalkey Island, Bray Head, the Irish Sea and also the Dublin and Wicklow Mountains.

Killiney Hill is surmounted by an obelisk, a tall narrow tapering monument, 170 metres above sea level. It was built in 1742 by local landlord John Mapas as relief for the poor whereby the work was completed in exchange for food and other assistance.

There is a network of paths through the woodland with species of native trees and wildlife. Seals, seabirds and sometimes dolphins can be seen in the water.

The rock cliffs of the abandoned Dalkey Quarry are today used by Dublin rock climbing enthusiasts.

To read more about about Killiney Hill Park click here and also go to


View a map  of Killiney Hill Park, Co. Dublin

previousPrevious - Killarney National Park, Co. Kerry
Next - Lough Easkey, Co. Sligonext